Google Reader

2008/03/02

Memento Mori

Sunday night is the most depressing time for me. There is something about the end of the weekend and the impending Mondays that just kills my Garfields.

So, here I am, reading through Google Reader, when I stumble on this article on Kotaku:
Portal vs Passage

The article isn't very interesting, but it made me want to play Passage since it is grouped in the Portal category. Unfortunately Passage doesn't really relate to Portal in anyway at all. The article just seems to be a clever ploy in which to draw Portal attention towards Passage.

I recommend that you take 2 minutes to download Passage and then spend 5 minutes playing it before reading further.

Passage fits into the Games as Art category. It's only a game in the sense that the best way to convey it's message is where the user has some control.

So after playing it once, I had to try it again. I didn't know that it was possible to move up and down. The second play through I went through the maze with the life partner. The maze is brutal. You can get stuck in some rut and by the time you finally escape, you've wasted a good portion of your life on nothing.

The artist's explanation of the game is worth a read.

Spoiler alert: You're going to die alone.

No comments: