Google Reader

2008/03/03

I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghosts I - IV

I never expected to hear about the brand new Nine Inch Nails album through an online comic strip, but that's what happened when I was checking Bunny Comics via Google Reader and tried to figure out the meaning of this:


At first, I was confused because I haven't heard of anything new about Mr. Reznor except that he is no longer chained to a major music label. So, I checked out his Interweb official home page and found out that he quietly released a 4 disc instrumental album. The best part is that he released it under a creative commons license. Disc 1 is officially available through thePirateBay for zero dollars money. The album is currently available as a download for five dollars money as well as other options for serious collectors. They sold the entire 2500 copies of the $300 Ultra-Deluxe Limited Edition Package within hours. I'm really interested to find out how much money Trent makes now that he controls the middle men.

I tried to buy the album post haste, but as the Bunny-Comic shows, the servers were hit hard and I was not able to give Trent my digital dollars. I grabbed the free Ghosts I torrent and was able to buy the album after patiently waiting for Mr. Reznor's internets to get turned back on.

I am currently listening to Ghosts I while the flac version of Ghosts I-IV is coming down the pipe. I'm getting blazing fast 13kbps internet-type download speeds on my 605.14mb download. It looks like I'll have to wait for a while before I can enjoy the entire piece.

No comments: